Thursday, July 12, 2007

Infused with Verve!

One of my favorite blogs is PubCalls. They work hard to seek out publication & contest opportunities for papercrafters. Occasionally, they host a manufacturer's challenge. This month, we were challenged to submit cards featuring BasicGrey products. We couldn't use just any BasicGrey... it was limited to two of last year's holiday lines and the brand-spankin'-new Infuse. Several awards are being offered, and one of the prizes will be awarded for use of fibers. I hope my fibers-on-a-copy-machine custom paper will catch their eye!

Supply List:
- Thoughtful Phrases sentiment from
Verve Visual
- BasicGrey Infuse Fibers; Infuse Season paper; Infuse Die-Cut Shapes
- Stampin' Up! cardstock in Certainly Celery and Chocolate Chip; ink in Chocolate Chip; Just Jeans background stamp; Word Window Punch
- Making Memories brads
- Heidi Swapp gem
- Canon archival-safe color copy machine

I am a big fan of this sentiment stamp and the other stamps in the Thoughtful Phrases set. I love that they fit perfectly in the Word Window punchies... so many design possibilities there!

TIP: Since these stamps are fairly narrow, I highly recommend using the EZ Thin Mount from Sunday International. This new foam mounting option makes for a much better stamping experience! Although it is recommended by the manufacturer for small stamps, I have begun to mount all my red rubber on it, and I LOVE the results. Definitely try some.

And speaking of these cool Verve stamps, you'll want to check their Web site and sign up to be notified when it launches. In addition to the stamps, there'll be papers and accessories and all sorts of papercrafting candy! And don't forget the gallery of samples. I'm giddy about the gallery because Julee contacted me and invited me to join their design team as a Gallery Designer! I can't wait to see all the terrific stamps that Julee is working on!

Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

janet said...

What a cool card!! And...thanks for sharing the links to the website!

Alhambra Club said...

This card is fantastic.

kelly said...

Hi Stranger,
I found you! I am back in the living and on with my life. I am trying to catch up and follow up with all that is important in my life. How are you doing? I really miss you guys. I updated with Brin too. I just posted on my blog this morning about missing you guys. You still inspire me, miles away. I love the card. Thanks for sharing the web link. I am getting a few things together to submit for Quilting Arts. How is Archiver's? How is your husband doing? Too many questions and not enough time. Check-in once in a while.
miss you,
kelly ooooooxoxoxoxoxoooooo