Monday, August 06, 2007

A Very Verve Release

What a fun experience I had today opening my mail box to find my very FIRST brand new rubber stamps from Verve Visual since joining the design team. I couldn't wait to trim & mount them and be on my merry way!

I found this cream and orange flower patterned paper in a 6x6 pad from BasicGrey's new Mellow line. The tiny flower in the pattern looks almost exactly like Julee's flower! It made a terrific background for the constructed focal flower.


Supply List:
- Flower stamps and sentiment from the Verve Visual Fancy Florals set
- Patterned papers from the BasicGrey Mellow 6x6 Pad
- Stampin' Up! cardstock and dye ink in Pumpkin Pie; Tag Corner Punch

- ColorBox fluid chalk inkpad in Chestnut Roan
- Stitched grosgrain ribbon from Lasting Impressions
- Solid suede ribbon from May Arts
- Thumbtack brad from the Karen Foster Earth Tones pack

I was saddened to hear this week that the Boise Rubber Stamp Show has been cancelled due to "lack of vendor participation" per the show promoters. The Treasure Valley really has thriving, vibrant stamping and paper crafting communities. Hopefully next year they'll return!

In other stamping news, my Stamping Idol and pal Lila is in the headlines again this week! Does she ever sleep? She won the Technique Tuesday contest at A Peek Into Yesterday and her project adorns their home page! To top it off, she got word from Stampington that at least one of her fabulous cards will be featured in the Autumn Take Ten. Seriously, people, she's a stamping powerhouse.

Lila and I are planning a big trip to Spokane in September to take classes from the amazing colorist Karen Lockhart at Apropos Paper Arts. Information about any other local stamp stores would be much appreciated!


Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Yummy card. I can't wait to get my hands on this Mellow paper - I think it's my favorite new line.

Bethany Paull said...

Very pretty! I love the way you layered the flower.