For my projects today, I chose to focus on the brand new Dress Box die. My wedding dress was very easy to make. It was cut from Bazzill Smoothies Coconut Swirl. The only embellishments used on the project are Prima Marketing's new Say it in Studs self-adhesive embellishments. The studs were arranged in an ornate frame pattern. I used my sharp Tonic snips to cut only certain parts of the frame to create the bodice, waist, and hem adornments.
Because these studs are self-adhesive, they were very easy to adhere. They're nice quality, too, and the segments held together very nicely.
My other sample was also very easy to put together. This next dress is cut from BasicGrey patterned cardstock from the Two Scoops collection and tied with a thin grosgrain ribbon. I made this to show that this die is not just for weddings!
Dresses cut from other patterns and other colors could be used for all sorts of occasions:
- Pretty floral dresses for Mother's Day, Tea Parties, Bridal Showers
- Matching dresses for Bridesmaids gifts
- Pastels for pretty Easter Dresses
- Dresses in school colors for graduations
- Dresses in sorority colors for Bid Day, Initiations and other special occasions
- Red or purple dresses for Red Hat events
- White dresses for Confirmations, Baptisms, First Communion, etc.
- Pink and/or sparkly dresses for "Princess" party favors
- Black, scary dresses for witches at Halloween
- A whole variety of dresses for favors at an Oscar party or a Mardi Gras/Costume party
- Pretty dresses for prom or homecoming
- Gold or silver dresses for 25th or 50th Anniversary parties
Now that you've seen some of the fun projects the CC&M DT came up with for wedding-themed projects, you'll have your turn to show us what you can do. A customer challenge will be posted within the next week at Diecutdiva.com.
To win a special pack of Basic Grey papers, just leave a comment on this post. You have until 11:59 PM on Thursday night, March 5th, and the drawing will take place on Friday.
Next, head over to Lila Holgate's blog to see what she has in store for you!
Thanks for participating!