Saturday, April 18, 2009

New Pub, Old Card

There's nothing quite like seeing "Artist Comp Copy" printed above your name on the address label of a magazine. It means a smile (usually accompanied by a squeal) and then tender turning of the pages while you examine every single project inside to see which you recognize. Today, my comp copy was for the brand new Stampers' Sampler Catch Up Issue Vol. 13 which hits stands on May 1st.

I submitted my card back in February of 2008. It has been quite a while, hasn't it? This is why I always let Stampington keep all my submissions. You just never know when they'll need something in a certain color scheme or style! I had one card that was over 2 years between submission and publication. I bet there are more in piles at the Stampington offices that they'll use someday.

My favorite thing about this card is that the stamp used for the focal image reminds me so much of my mother. (My dad doesn't see the resemblance, he says... but I REALLY do. We'll have to let my sister Kris break the tie, I guess.) I can just see Mom wearing clam diggers and sitting on a dock at the lake somewhere.


Supplies:
Stamps: Woman (Alluring Impressions); Postage (Oxford Impressions); Happy (Verve)
Paper: Close to Cocoa & Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up!); Striped PP (unknown)
Paint/Ink: Basic Brown (SU); Chestnut Roan ColorBox Chalk Ink (ClearSnap)
Accessories: Tag Punches & Copper Cord (SU); Authentic vintage postage stamps


I'd also like to offer a congratulatory shout out to my friend Debbie Emmons who has a beautiful Easter card published on page 104. Woohoo!

Back in a day or two with a new project using Shimmerz in a cool way with acetate! Completed it tonight while 'scrapping' with the girls, but it's too dark to photograph properly. It may be Monday before I get daylight time at home to take pictures.

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Jann said...

OMG Kimmie!!!!
How fantastically WONDERFUL...recognized for your unbelieveable talent...how fun and how deserving....you go girlfriend!!!! Proud to know you...Prouder to be your friend!
Congrats and with great admiration dear friend!
Jann

Susie Sugar said...

this is beautiful I really love it
Hugs Susie xx