Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Weekly Challenge #12 - Paper Piecing

This week, our team is showcasing paper and embellishments from the My Mind's Eye Now & Then Izzy line, which is now available at the Cuttin' and Stampin' Scrappy Supply Store.
    
My project got underway when I saw the bow-tie paper and thought about how it could be used to make a really cute patterned cat.  So the kitty is grey and white, and I paper-pieced his mouth too.  Then, of course, I had to add the mustache enamel shape.  The blue cardstock for the card is actually the darker blue jeans Bazzill cardstock -- and it looks like it was custom-made to match the mustache.
    
     
I chose "thrilled for you" as the sentiment because of the happy & excited look on kitty's face.  I punched out photo corners from another of the patterned papers and then cut out the "smile" and floral pennant shapes from one of the cards from the 3"x4" pack.  Paper Smooches stamp sets used:  Nine Lives & Simply Said.
   
Now it's your turn!  Please join us and submit your paper-pieced creations.  Click HERE to add your project(s).
   
Happy Stamping!
   

7 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the cute cat paper piecing.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Cuttin' & Stampin' DT Orange Team

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Super cute card!!! What a cute dog!

Indy's Designs said...

LOL! I love that kitty, especially with the mustache!
Hugs,
Debbie

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So cute! The moustache on the dog! Adorable! :)

hugs,
JoAnn
Cuttin' and Stampin Orange DT

Laura Williams said...

Hey there miss Kim! You won the giveaway on my blog, my dear! Please email me your mailing address at TomatoL at aol dot com. I couldn't find your email address!

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cute...

Janis said...

Funny kitty with the mustache!! I have had a few cats that looked like they had one. Love your pieced photo corners, too!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com