Thursday, July 18, 2013

Christmas In July Challenge - Week 28

#28
Challenge:  Christmas in July
July 16 - 22, 2013

Another week means another fun challenge with Cuttin' and Stampin'!  This week, it's "Christmas in July".  It's a perfect challenge for me, because it lets me leave these 100º+ days behind (at least in my mind) and focus on the crisp winter weather ahead.



My project features two sets from Paper Smooches:  Winter Groves (tree, gift, penguin) and Alphadots (letters & line of dots).  After stamping the foreground images with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, I drew a horizon line so the images weren't just floating in space.  The tree trunk and gift were colored with Copic markers and the patterned tree is paper pieced.  Cardstock is from Bazzill Basics.

I may go back and add some color to the penguin's feet and beak.  When I was stamping with my friends, we had the great penguin debate:  are the feet/beak colored, are they yellow, are they orange, are they black?   It turns out that it depends on the species!  The Macaroni penguin even has pink feet!

So are you ready to start feeling some Christmas spirit?  It's never too early to start making your Christmas cards, you know, because the holidays always seem to sneak up on us!  

Please make sure your creation post has a link back to Cuttin' and Stampin'.

Projects are due on July 22nd.  Thanks for playing along!  We will be announcing the winners on July 26, 2013.

You can link your project HERE

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Life - Up, Down & Sideways said...

Kim you do really awesome work. I love your Christmas card.

Rose said...

Kim this is adorable :) i to like to make christmas cards in the summer to think cool :)
we are at 108 today :(