Monday, February 19, 2024

GIU Day 1 - A Kit, Only Better

   Welcome, stampers! This is the first day of my week as a featured {Growing in Unity} Girl. I love Unity stamps and can't wait to share some creations with you!

   Lately, I've taken to purchasing card making kits. It makes everything so much easier -- especially when creating in quantities. As my local stamping buddies will tell you, though, I almost never create the kit as-is. I regularly change things up, and that's what I wanted to share with you here.

 
This is a new kit for Spring 2024. It included some cute cards and cut-outs, and I wanted to enhance it with Unity stamps. The bird and sentiment stamp are both from the Sometimes I Wonder stamp set.

This card is out of my comfort zone. I can't remember the last time I made a card in any size other than A2. What's your favorite card size/shape?

   Be sure to leave a comment today and each day this week for more chances to win. I will choose 2 lucky people to win a generous prize from Unity.
 
Happy Stamping!

13 comments:

Chris Shuman said...

Cute card! Enhancing the kit is a good idea! I'm all about making the best use of 8 1/2x11 so almost always make A2 cards.

Anonymous said...

Super cute card

Kathy Dippner said...

Adorable card! I usually make A2 but love to batch mini slimlines once in a while.

Lucy E. said...

This is such a sweet springtime card! I hardly make anything other than A2 also. I have wanted to try making more Slimline or mini-slimline cards, but seem to drift to the A2 size.

Anonymous said...

I am typically an A2 girl myself! I have made a grand total of 2 slimline cards in my life! Love this!!
Jenni S

Kelly Brillhart said...

So cute! And what a great idea to use card kit pieces with Unity stamps to create something unique. I usually make A2 but also like slimline and mini-slimline.

Denise Bryant said...

I love the pretty wreath and sweet bird! Lovely spring card!

Pam Foy said...

Perfect spring card

Holly McKimens said...

I just took a look at the stamp set, Sometimes I Wonder, and there are so many uses for it. Lots of sentiments! I love how you used the stamp set to add more to the cards in the kit. Very creative!

Becca Yahrling said...

This Unity set is one of my faves because of this pretty bird (and I am a bird nerd!). You did a great job with this kit. And it's such pretty colors. I make mostly A2 cards because they're the easiest, but I love mini slimlines.

Cat Valdez said...

Great colors in this kit. The bird compliments the overall design. Nice job!!

Kristi said...

Card kits are awesome but I love you changing them up. Super cute and inspiring.

Tricia Moore said...

What an adorable card